A simple weeknight dinner in my mind, is the one which can be prepared in under 15 minutes and this sesame veggie lo mein noodles with oodles of veggies is my go-to rush hour dinner recipe. Its a meal in itself. Noodles are an all-time easy healthy recipe, and when a lot of veggies are added to the simple noodles, it becomes super healthy. Most of the times, I like to cook with simple , readily available ingredients which don’t take a lot of my strength and my time. Simple is the best.
This can also work as a clean-out-your-refrigerator recipe. You can dump in all kinds of different vegetables into this with the noodles and work with different combinations.
I am obsessed with meals that are quick, easy and healthy. I love the crunchy texture of the veggies and the sweet hint of flavor from the sugar. It’s my absolute favorite meal for a busy day or a relaxing dinner. Hope you guys like it too !
- 1 pack Chow-Mein Stir Fry Noodles(You can use any type that’s available)
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper (I used red bell pepper), finely sliced
- 1 carrots finely Julienne
- 1 cup broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Boil the noodles as per instructions on the packet.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan. Add in onions and bell peppers. Let them sauté for a minute or two. Now add in the carrots and the broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes.
- We want the veggies to have a little crunch, so don’t cook them all the way through.
- In a bowl, mix the soya sauce, brown sugar and salt. Add this mixture to the pan and mix. Let everything cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. And there you are !! Dinner’s ready !! Voila !!
- To toast the sesame seeds, heat a non-stick pan and add in some sesame seeds. Dry roast for about 4-5 minutes.
- You can also add in some chili flakes or paprika to add the extra zing to the noodles if you like.