Summer is upon us. With the heat soaring up, we all need something to cool us down. And what better than Mango Lassi! Summer meant two things for us when we were kids, two months long vacation and lots and lots of mangoes. Aam Ras (mango pulp) and puris (deep fried flatbreads) were my favorite combo. We used to have theplas, pudlas, puris, dhoklas and everything else and the main dish used to always be aam-ras or mango slices. Mango is so much famous in our part of the world.
Summer should be welcomed with mangoes, and of course something cold. Hence the Mango Lassi !
- 1 – 2 roughly chopped mangoes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- mint leaves, for garnish (you can skip this)
- cashews, for garnish (you can use pistachios or almonds also)
- 2 tsp sugar or honey (if necessary)
- In a blender, put the mangoes, yogurt and cardamom powder and blend in well into a smoothie consistency.
- Add in the sugar/honey in the lassi while blending. You can skip it completely if the mangoes are extremely sweet.
- Take out into a serving glass, garnish with mint leaf, cashews or any nuts you prefer and enjoy!
- You can add in some milk or water to adjust the consistency of the lassi if it gets too thick.
- Homemade yogurt also works in case you cannot get your hands on Greek Yogurt.
- You can also add in some saffron for the rich color and taste.