Matar Paneer – Peas & Paneer Curry
I am big fan of meals that are fuss free, requires minimal prep and can be prepared under 30 minutes. One such easy and delicious meal is this Matar Paneer. I can whip up this curry easily, even on a weeknight. Matar Paneer is super delectable and is sure to be a winner among family and guests.
I always have a block of Paneer stashed away in my freezer. This Matar Paneer curry is a hassle free option for days when one can’t be bothered to cook elaborate meals but still wants to enjoy some comfort food.
Hope you guys enjoy this satisfying meal as much as I do!
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, pureed
- 1 large red onion, pureed
- 2-3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup of milk or cream
- For the preparation, puree the onions and tomatoes together in a blender.
- Now in a pan, heat oil and butter. Add bay leaves and ginger garlic paste.
- Once the ginger garlic are lightly cooked, add the onion-tomato puree.
- Put the lid on the pan and let the puree cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Now add all the dry spices. Add salt, turmeric powder, hing, and red chili powder.
- Let the spices cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add paneer cubes and frozen peas. Stir lightly and let it cook on a medium low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garam masala powder and mix once again.
- Lastly add the milk or cream, mix well, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with hot chapatis or parathas or over some steamed basmati rice.