Last month Mom and Dadi (grandmother) visited us. We had a great time with them, and long story short, they fed us so much!! We ate till our hearts were full and also gained a few pounds. Now that they are gone, we need to get back to our old routine. We have started eating clean since last few days to work on shedding those pounds gained.
Roasted Veggies is a versatile dish you can have with either quinoa or brown rice or couscous or even white rice. My favorite is to eat the roasted veggies with quinoa and a dash of sweet chili sauce. This recipe is an easy, one pot dish and doesn’t take much of preparation. It can be an entire meal in itself or you can just snack on them. I am sure you all will love it!!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1-2 small potatoes
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium broccoli crown
- 2 medium carrots
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika or red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- salt, as per taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Chop all the vegetables into 1 inch cubes.
- Now prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, add in olive oil, salt, paprika, parsley and garlic powder. Mix it all up. The dressing looks a bit gross, but I assure you it tastes amazing !
- Pour the dressing onto the vegetables and mix everything. Every piece of vegetable should be coated with the dressing.
- Bake the vegetables in a baking tray at 350F for about 30-40 min. I like it a little on the crispy side so I leave the veggies in for about 40 min.
- The veggies will be done after 30-40 min. You can serve them with quinoa or any kind of rice or just it as it is.
- You can use any vegetables you have in hand, like zucchini, squash, cauliflower or onions.
- You can change the spices in the dressing as per your taste.